Sunday, January 10, 2010

From the Heart Shaker

I am a helpless romantic.  To gain inspiration for the current monthly challenge on the Hero Arts Blog, "Friendship and Valentines," I searched the web for vintage valentines, and I also watched the movie "Since You Went Away," staring Claudette Colbert.



This card did not start out to be a shaker, but when I punched the Martha Stewart border punch, I discovered that the little hearts could be used as well.  This is my first shaker card so of course I had to watch the video that Lisa Spangler made for Hero Arts on how to make a shaker card, three times!  http://www.youtube.com/heroarts#p/search/0/t8bl5L9b-UI
I have used two Hero Arts stamps, S5129 and LP141.  They were both embossed with one of my favorites from Ranger, Queens Gold. Papers are from Bazzill, Frances Meyer and Imaginations.  I also used Sizzix dies, (38-0145) photo corners and (38-0157) hearts.  Pearl accents are also from Hero Arts.

4 comments:

  1. Love your romantic valentines card Nancy, so pretty the little shaker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous, romantic card Nancy. Love your design and all the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and lovely! What a great idea to use the hearts in a shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very romantic, Nancy! Love the soft colors!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!