Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Make a Wish Birthday

I just had to try one of Jane's new images.  I was lucky to win a random drawing on her blog and received her new digital image set, Jane's Bakery.  I started with this delicious cupcake.



I used one Hero Arts stamp K5172, Make a Wish Birthday.  The stamp was embossed in white on kraft.  I colored the cupcake and cherry with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  The red patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket.  The blue plate is from scraps and the icing is an original design.  I saved this paper that my daughter, Sarah, made when she was in Elementary School.  She is now 24 years old.  I knew that I would use it again some day.  She made it by splattering colors.  It reminded me of sprinkles, so I scanned it in to the computer and printed a few out.  I have posted a copy if you would also like to try "Sarah's Paper," for your use only, of course.  Just click and copy to your computer.  I would love to see what you come up with!


11 comments:

  1. Love the watercolor paper from your daughter! Ingenious to scan/copy it and use it as PP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Nancy!!! Love this pp!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are becoming a true blog expert Mom...I dont remeber making that but It is a masterpeice non the least. My siginature has evolved a bit since then:)
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable and I love that you used a scanned version of the beautiful paper that your daughter made - brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an AWESOME idea and how special!!! LOVE this card!! I'm so glad YOU won the digi set!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you used your daugter`s paper on this card. Such a great idea and many thanks for sharing it. It is also so lovely to see the warm relation you have with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO USE YOUR DAUGHTER'S PAPER! All of your projects have so much love and thoughtfulness! I just love stopping by. And you've inspired me to get out my watercolor paints and splatter away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, great card with Jane's fab image. LOVE what you did with your daughter's paper - so fun. Great idea too. Thanks for sharing the lovely story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuteness! Loving the cupcake!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute! Love all the sentiments together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!