Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Best Friend

When I think of friendship, the first thing that comes to mind is my friend of 15 years, Jenny.  She is a long haired Dachshund that surely has made my world happy.  I had to dedicate a card to her.
 




This card is for two challenges.  The weekly Card Patterns,  sketch47  http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2010/01/sketch-47.html and the monthly Hero Arts, Friendship and Valentines.
I was inspired by this card by Kathy:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/34626929@N04/3693158546/
I have used three Hero Arts stamps:  S5213 DesignBlock/Dots and Flowers, CL134 I Love My Dog and CL26 Woodland Creatures.  The DesignBlock was stamped with Versamark and then embossed with Tim Holtz distress embossing powder, weathered wood.  I then added Tim Holtz distress ink, frayed burlap.  I wanted the background to look as if Jenny's head was breaking through.  The paw prints were stamped with Versamark on craft, and the greeting was stamped with VersaMagic chalk ink, Aegean Blue.  The heart was cut from Sizzix, and the photo was cut to fit.  All the pappers are from my scraps so I cannot identify them.  Don't you just love the "houndstooth" pattern!  I then added the little bone as a bow.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Jenny is such a sweetheart! Love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy! This card is so special...it makes me almost teary :) I know the love for a pet is a very strong bond. Thanks for playing along at Card Patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet Nancy! I love the tiny paw prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all time favorite cards! :) LOVE IT! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he is so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!