Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sending You Sunshine and Laughter

This is my entry for this weeks Card Patterns sketch.  http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2010/02/sketch-50.html  I like to play with colors that vibrate, but they sure are difficult to photograph.  I am still in the middle of another round of snow here in DC, and I think I was dreaming of the Southwest when I designed this card.  At least I do have sunshine and laughter here today.  (And my electricity)


 

I have owned this flower stamp for months, and this is the first time I have inked it.  It is by Outlines Rubber Stamp Company.  I used Chestnut Roan chalk ink by ColorBox.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts CL342, Everyday Sayings.  It was embossed in white.  All the papers were from scraps.  It is so enjoyable to use scraps once in a while,  instead of tearing into a new sheet of paper.  The buckles are a Sizzix die.  Added stitching with sewing machine, and button brad.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE how you have used this flower stamp with all the different layers!! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrant colors of this card!! This card really looks amazing! The flower stamp looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Such a great take on the sketch! Love the curved sentiment, too! AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you card so much! Great colors and lovely design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!