Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stamp Your Story

Hello creative friends!  I have been absent from blogging and I surely do miss this contact.  Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes.  My project today is for the current Hero Arts Contest.

My design seems so simple to me now, but it has been in the works for a while.  It all started with this:

This is a fabric sample that I bought at an interior store for $1.00. 

I cut the book with an old Sizzix die set Album and Page.  I then spent some time experimenting with stamps and ink.  The Antique Engravings set worked best with this textured vinyl fabric.  


The inside pages were stamped with Antique Engravings, and my new set, Brush Strokes.  
There are six different pages, but I kept the photos to a minimum :)

 

I LOVE this new stamp set! It reminds me of a newer version of the shadow stamps.  I love the contrast of the modern strokes with the antique etchings too.  I designed this little book more as an art piece, but it could easily be used for notes by your phone or even small photos.  Black and white photos would be very cool.  As you can see, I had FUN with this one!

Supplies:
Paper:  PTI
Ink:  Vesacolor and Versafine
Stamps:  Hero Arts
Dies/Punches:  Sizzix
Other:  Creative Impressions brads



9 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you, Nancy - hope you are doing well!

    I love this little book - such a neat idea! So glad you're enjoying some of the new stamps - I've been loving them too! Sending hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool little book, beautiful how you designed those pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy - such a cute book - welcome back hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, So great to see your post and creation. Love the idea of using the fabric samples to create this wonderful design. Your use of the stamp your story along with the antique engravings is wonderful. Totally love this mini book design!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great little project Nancy! I agree about the brushstrokes--they are just too fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming project Nancy! Love how you used the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little book Nancy, wonderful stamping with all those sweet images!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, Nancy! So creative--love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy! I absolutely loooooove how you've combined the newer brushstroke images with the ones from antique engravings!! I could see making some CAS card sets using your idea:). Hope you and the dogs are well:).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!