Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bonjour

Jennifer McGuire made a wonderful video on the Hero Arts blog this week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpKEybEe1g   She made it look so easy and I wanted to try this embossed layered resist technique with my new stamp.  I, now, have an even greater admiration for Jennifer and all the amazing artists in the Hero Arts Flickr pool that have used this technique.  I found it very challenging, but in my usual "Viking" spirit, I did not give up!  I tried this technique six times before I settled on this final image.  I decided not too use a background stamp because it competed with the flowers.


I used two Hero Arts stamps.  My new Silhouette Vase (K5359) and bonjour (D5189).  I thought it looked a little like the French Impressionists so I went with "Bonjour."  I used three Tim Holtz distress inks:  Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint and Milled Lavender.  Papers are from scraps, and bonjour was embossed with Adirondack embossing powder, Mushroom.  (Another new favorite of mine.)  I then punched two eyelets and added the raffia ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful card, Nancy!! Your perseverance has surely been rewarded. Not only do we share the same name but we share the "Viking" spirit as I have Norwegian ancestry as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy-- I saw this on flickr and just HAD to come over here and tell you I think this card is a knock-out! JUST GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this looks so impressionistic! Absolutely wonderul! So glad you kept at it, and thanks for your list of colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so beautiful!! I can't get over the beauty of your card. I just love these colors and thanks so much for sharing Nacny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you achieved such an artistic effect! French really goes with this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!