Friday, July 2, 2010

Merry Christmas to You

I finished this card just in the "Saint Nick" of time!  It is my entry for this weeks card patterns sketch.
http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2010/06/sketch-70.html
Yes it is still Christmas in July!



The papers are from My Minds Eye, K and Co., Bazzill and scraps.  The Santa stamp is from PTI, Believe,  and was stamped with Versafine, Smokey Gray.  I used a Ranger, Prefect Medium embossing pen on the white areas and embossed in white.  I colored his face with Prismacolor Pencils.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped in Versafine, Onyx Black.  The background trees were cut with a border punch from EK Success.  Added ribbon from Michael's and poinsettias from Making Memories.

7 comments:

  1. What a great card Nancy- love papers and the ribbon. It's hard to think about Christmas here when it's 85 degrees- don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Christmas card, Nancy! Great take on the sketch. I just love clicking on your blog and seeing that picture of your mom & dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Chriatmas card. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great christmas card, love that old santa and I would love to decorate with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch, Nancy! Thanks for reminding me it's time to start thinking about Christmas cards. And thanks also for this beautiful inspiration, such a lovely vintage style card, I love it!
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch- very pretty card! Christmas in July, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, love this Christmas card--you did a great job. I also saw your card over at scrapstreet.com. Love that card, too--it is too cute. Congratulations for being featured. Take care and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!