Friday, April 1, 2011

Celebrate Today

More good advice, don't you agree?  My card today is for two challenges. The Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger:  Farm Fresh, and the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #8:  Blending Techniques.
Here is the Moxie Fab Trigger for this week:



and here is my card........


 

I was inspired by the graphic background, texture and the simple images. I masked the window background with Frisket Film, usually used for air brushing.  I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Pumice Stone for the shading.  I stamped the Hero Arts, Stencil Art, on fabric interfacing It is not as heavy as felt and gave me the see-thru look I was going for. I have recently discovered the versatility of this lovely Hero Arts stamp set, and have been using it often.  I also added sewing machine stitching for a little more detail.  My new PTI stamp set, Friendship Jar, was also perfect for this challenge.  This set is so fun and adorable.  You will probably be seeing a lot more of this one too!

Supplies:
Paper:  SEI
Ink:  Tim Holtz, Pumice Stone and Versafine, Habanero, Deep Lagoon
Stamps:  Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink
Dies:  Nestabilities, PTI
Other:  Frisket film, interfacing, sewing machine stitching

13 comments:

  1. Words to live by, Nancy, that's for sure! Love your perfect take on the trigger! All the elements work so well together! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge, Nancy! Love the fabric look on the card and the jar is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic interpretation of the trigger - I love every element :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great take on the trigger, Nancy. I totally love so many elements put together in such a special way. I love your fabric piece with stitching, pannels,... and I can see your new PTI toy, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! What a cute and clever idea to go with the Trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect take on the challenge!!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. I love the window background. Very clever.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, perfect for moxie fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love all details! And the Friendship jar set from PTI is one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, nancy!! what a fantastic take on the trigger photo! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!