Friday, March 30, 2012

Chapter Four - Strawberries

Another fond summer memory of mine is the wonderful, sweet, fresh strawberries of summer.  A local farmer would drive his wagon full of strawberries through the alleys of the city.  He would call out, “Strawww Berrries, Strawww Berrries, Strawberries, Strawberries.”  The sound of his voice meant those sweet fruits were on their way.  My Grandmother always bought plenty and made the most amazing strawberry shortcake. 

Many years later I met a lady named Liz that told me her Uncle farmed strawberries at that time, and drove them to DC from the outer suburbs.  Farms in the area were more prevalent in the 1950’s.  Now, whenever I bite into a yummy, summer strawberry, I always recall these moments in time.  To be connected by this sweet fruit is a delicious experience!    

I have a card today to highlight this chapter.  This particular Papertrey Ink Stamp set, Friendship Jar - Summer Fillers, has many elements that remind me of my wonderful summers; and the Hero Arts, Cloud Background, is one of my all time favorites! 

Here is my card.......


Supplies:
Paper:  PTI, Neenah and Cosmo Cricket
Ink:  Anna Griffin, Versafine, PTI  and Tim Holtz Distress
Stamps:  PTI and HA
Dies/Punches:  PTI dies and Martha Stewart punch
Other:  Twinery twine and Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy, I love your card! I have some of the other canning jar sets, but not this one yet....may have to look at it again. Here in FL we have had strawberries every morning for breakfast....they are just now starting to disappear. And no, I'm not tired of them! Wonderful memory, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, what a sweet memory! Your card capyures it, too...wonderful jar image and beautiful colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet memories Nancy love your card tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your strawberry memories, Nancy! Your card is perfectly sweet! Love the different patterns and colors, and that jar is darling! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is just the yummist card, nancy!! so fun to hear about your memories of strawberries and your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, this is fun! I love your papers. Such a cute strawberry stamp - love the shape of that die. Wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and I love hearing your memories, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and lovely memory... thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice memory! Your strawberry card brings back memories for me too, love everything about it the cute way you added the balloons, that gorgeous background paper and the way you framed it. TFS I hope you have a wonderful Easter , Nancy! Thanks for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!