Sunday, August 5, 2018

Chapter Seven - Feed the Birds

My grandmother always fed the birds.  She would order wild bird seed, and it was delivered to her home.  Once in a while, those spoiled birds were even fed raisins as a special treat.  The birds were her friends.  She had many books on birds and would enjoy researching and identifying any new varieties that came in the yard.  I have seen quite a few new species in my own home.  Now  I check the internet for reference.  My grandmother also had a bird bath as do I.  They are so cute to watch when they splash around on a hot summer day.
This little house in my yard has seen several generations in the spring.  You can always tell when new eggs are here, because the mom and dad get very busy stuffing that little house with who knows what!
My card today, is inspired by the MFT Birds of a Feather Card Kit.    


Supplies:
Paper: Neenah, Kraft Core and scraps 
Ink:  Versamark and HA
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn
Dies:  SSS and MFT
Other:  MFT stencil



5 comments:

  1. Nancy, how sweet! I have a similar bird house in my back yard and it is stuffed to the gills with straw, etc! We had three nests this spring, it was so cute to watch (and listen)! Question: Am I supposted to empty it out before next spring, or do you leave it all for the birds to reuse? We have a nest on our front door wreath that, if I leave it, birds will reuse it. Just curious!

    Your card is so very sweet..I love the mix of stamps and dies cuts, so colorful and warm!

    Hope you are doing well!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judy! So nice to hear from you! I always thought if you disturb a house or nest, the birds would not come back. Since I do not know for sure, I think it is time for me to check it out!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful, sweet card, Nancy! Love how real life inspired this one! My mom didn't feed the birds, but she kept track of what ones she saw in her bird book & I now add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your sweet little birdhouse, Nancy! lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!