Sunday, September 5, 2010

Memory Pillow

Hello.  If you are part of the Hero Arts Flickr Blog Hop, you have come to the right place.  I am a big fan of Hero Arts.  Their stamps are the best,  and the company is so generous, educational and inspiring.  My project today combines my old love of sewing, with my new love of stamping.


This is a Christmas gift for my Aunt Pat.  She is the little girl in the middle.  I printed the photo on fabric and made a patchwork border.  The corner patches were stamped with Hero Arts stamp CL383, Antique Engravings.  I used VersaCraft ink, Real Black, and heat set the images.  I think the Antique Engravings  make the perfect accent for this photo.  The photo was taken in 1945 and I have machine embroidered the date and names.  I hope to continue experimenting with stamping on fabric, so be sure and stop here again!

To return to the Hero Arts Flickr Blog Hop, go here.

25 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Nancy! Beautiful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    What a fabulous idea for a gift!
    This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, and so very meaningful. Love your execution and colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy this is just amazing- I never knew you could print a photo on fabric and your stamping is fabulous too! What a lovely gift you have created for your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love how you incorporated the shells in this beautiful project Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Nancy! Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what an amazing idea! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a creative way to use the stamps! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love this! What a great gift, and what a great photo! I am sure she will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty cushion, your Aunt Pat will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire your sewing skills! This is FABULOUS, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw Nancy, this is so beautiful! What a great way to combine your creative skills. I love it!
    (love your header, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow sew pretty!! Love it! :) :) :) :) thanks for joining the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing pillow, Nancy! So glad I could see it via the HA hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How creative! Such a thoughtful & lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning Nancy, what a fantastic gift, I am sure your Aunt Pat will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful gift, Nancy! Beautiful colors & sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great gift! She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! this is amazing, Nancy! what a wonderful gift idea!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet is this?! Absolutely amazing project, so much work and I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nancy love the pillow you did a great job thanks for sharing and also I too love the picture of your Mother and Father tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy this is a fantastic gift for your aunt Pat! Wonderful stamping and stitching! I love the way you incorporated the photograph into the design and as you say the shells are the perfect accent! I love this so much and I'm sure your aunt will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!