Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oh I wish I had a lovely card to share today

As many of you know, my Mother has been in hospice care for a while now.  I am trying so hard to find the goodness in this experience.  I want to be creative, but when my heart is aching,  it is not easy.  I also hesitate in sharing a post with such sadness, but if my heart is aching, this is all I have to offer.  My family was always very optimistic, and never talked about end of life care.  My Mother is stable and resting well, but what does this all mean?  Yes I have the means to go on, but if I no longer have the family that I love, what good is it?  As you can surely tell, I am feeling sad today.  My Mother is so thin and frail that I hardly recognize her.  She does, however, seem to recognize me.   It is my inherent nature to be optimistic, so I know that this sadness will pass.  I am hopeful that my next post will be much more uplifting and inspiring, and surely share some new creativity!  I love my creative friends!               

5 comments:

  1. My dear friend, I wish I could hold you now. Such are one of the hardest moments in everyone`s life and I think sad and lonely moments are natural. Still I wish, I could take them away from you...but probably only time has this power. Hope you will take a good care of you and let the time heal your soul. I think of you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy, I'm so sorry for this sad time in your life. As Tina said, it's something we must all go through. As just having lost 2 elderly aunts this summer, I can tell you that you should cherish this time with your Mom.....no, it isn't like it used to be, but she is still with you, and she still knows you! Since my one aunt's passing in particular, I keep thinking of things to tell her, but I can't......Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story! We're thinking of you, your mother and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm thinking of you nancy. this is a tough situation to go through. i hope your sadness will pass. in time.... hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make me Happy!